We are so excited to welcome our dancers back to the studio this fall. Below is a list of our new policies and procedures to ensure the safety of our dancers, faculty, and staff and to help flatten the curve of COVID-19.
Curbside drop-off 5 minutes before and pick-up 5 minutes after only. Parents, family members, and friends are not allowed inside the ballet studio. The lobby will not be open at this time, and parents must wait in their cars or return when class is dismissed. Please do not congregate in front of the building, respect social distancing guidelines and wear a mask while outside the studio.
2. Dancers must enter the studio wearing a face mask.
3. Prior to parents leaving the site, a trained staff member ask parents to confirm that their child has not been on fever reducing medication, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath or trouble breathing, sore throat (unlike seasonal allergies), new loss of smell and/or taste, diarrhea or vomiting in the last 24 hours and if anyone in your household or a close contact been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks? Once passing this questionnaire, staff will check student’s temperature. Those with temps 100.4F and over will not be admitted to class.
4. Students and teachers must sanitize hands upon entering the building and immediately following the lesson.
5. Please make sure all dance wear is clean and has not been worn anywhere since it has last been washed. All dancers should arrive in their dance attire ready to dance.
6. Dancers are not allowed to congregate and socialize in the lobby. While waiting for class dancers must stand on markers facing forward. Once the studio is clear to enter, dancers will enter. Outside street shoes are not allowed in the studio. Dancers must remove and place in their dance bag.
7. The studio will have markers on the floor and on the ballet barres to indicate each dancer’s individual space. Dancers will remain 6 feet apart at all times. Once the dancers have entered the studio, each will find an X to place their belongings. Please send only necessary dance items and a filled water bottle with your dancer. No other items will be permitted. The water cooler will be off at this time.
8. Face coverings are required for all students and teachers during class time and while in the building.
9. Once class is finished, dancers will be dismissed to their parents or designated adult for pick-up.
10. NOSB staff will intensify cleaning, disinfecting high touch surfaces such as barres, door handles, light switches, and faucets.
11. Bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitized every hour.
12. Please be on time to drop off and pick up dancers within 5 minutes of dismissal.
13. We will keep our normal attendance records to be able to provide contact tracing information if needed. If you cannot attend class, please let us know along with the reason so we can keep accurate records.
Classes are capped at 10 dancers and 1-2 staff members, never to exceed 12 people.
Guidelines may be updated at any time with new information from the County, State, or Federal Government. We reserve the right to offer additional safety precautions outside of government guidelines to best protect our students, staff, and families.
While we will do our best to provide the safest environment possible and minimize risks, there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place where people are present.
By attending classes, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Thank you for your continued support and doing your part to keep our studio community healthy. We are excited to return to dancing together very soon!